Justice League (movie)
Justice League is a 2017 American superhero movie directed by Zack Snyder. It is based on the DC Comics superhero team the Justice League. It is the fifth part in the DC Extended Universe. The movie has a screenplay written by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon.
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Screenplay by||Chris Terrio|
|Based on||Justice League|
by Gardner Fox
|Music by||Junkie XL|
|Edited by||David Brenner|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Years ago, Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons attempt to conquer and remake Earth through the combined energies of the Mother Boxes before they are foiled by a unified army that included the Amazons, Atlanteans and humans. After repelling Steppenwolf's army, the Mother Boxes are separated and hidden in locations around the world.
In the present, the world is in mourning following the death of Superman. Sensing humanity's fear, Steppenwolf and his Parademons return to Earth to resume their hunt for the Mother Boxes through kidnapping several employees of S.T.A.R. Labs, which is in possession of one box. Having investigated the kidnappings and encountered a Parademon himself, Bruce Wayne decides to move forward in recruiting his planned team of metahumans as he believes an invasion is coming.
Steppenwolf manages to retrieve the Mother Box from Themyscira, prompting Queen Hippolyta to warn her daughter Diana Prince. Diana joins Wayne's group and informs him about Steppenwolf and the Mother Boxes. The two of them fail to persuade Arthur Curry and Victor Stone, but manage to recruit Barry Allen into the team. Stone later joins the group after his father Silas is among those kidnapped, and Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis to retrieve the second Mother Box.
The team receives intel from Commissioner James Gordon that the Parademons are traveling underground, and conclude that Steppenwolf's army is based in an abandoned facility. Although the group manages to rescue the kidnapped employees, the facility is flooded during combat, which traps the team until Curry rescues them, having decided to join them after Steppenwolf's attack on Atlantis. Stone retrieves the last Mother Box from S.T.A.R. Labs for the group to analyze. Wayne decides to use the Mother Box to resurrect Superman not only to help them fight Steppenwolf's army, but also to restore hope in humanity. Diana and Curry are hesitant about the idea, but Wayne forms a secret contingency plan.
Clark Kent's body is exhumed and placed in the waters of the Kryptonian ship, and Allen provides a strong energy blast to activate the Box and resurrect Superman. Superman, however, possesses few memories, and he attacks the group after Stone accidentally launches a projectile at him. On the verge of being killed by Superman, Wayne enacts his contingency plan: Lois Lane. Superman calms down and leaves with Lois to his family home where he reflects and tries to recover his memories. With the last Mother Box unguarded, Steppenwolf retrieves it with ease.
Without Superman to aid them, the remaining five heroes travel to a village in Russia where Steppenwolf plans to unite the boxes once again and reshape the world for his nephew Darkseid. The team fight their way through the Parademons to reach Steppenwolf, although they are unable to distract him enough for Stone to separate the boxes. Superman arrives and assists Allen in evacuating the city, as well as Stone in separating the Mother Boxes. The united heroes manage to defeat Steppenwolf, who, overcome with fear, is attacked by his own Parademons, before they are all taken away by a Boom Tube.
In the aftermath of the battle, Wayne decides to rebuild Wayne Manor as a base of operations for the team and he and Diana agree that more heroes could join. Diana as Wonder Woman begins engaging more with the public. Allen manages to acquire a job in Central City's police department. Stone continues to explore and enhance his abilities with his father in S.T.A.R. Labs. Curry returns to Atlantis. Clark returns as a Daily Planet reporter and resumes his role as Superman.
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman: The benefactor of the group of meta-humans, a wealthy socialite and the owner of Wayne Enterprises, who also dedicates himself to protecting Gotham City from its criminal underworld as a highly trained, masked vigilante equipped with many powerful tools and weapons.
- Henry Cavill as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman: A Kryptonian survivor and journalist for the Daily Planet with superhuman abilities, who seemingly died after the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. In February 2016, Cavill announced on social media that he had already started exercising for the film in advance of principal photography.
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman: Cast list break|An antiquities dealer and acquaintance of Wayne who is actually an immortal Amazonian warrior princess from Themyscira and daughter of Zeus, who possesses superhuman attributes and abilities inherited from her parents.
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman: The king of the undersea nation of Atlantis, whose meta-human aquatic abilities and superhuman physical attributes originate from his Atlantean physiology.
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / Flash: A Central City police forensic investigator, who can move at superhuman speeds with his ability to tap into the Speed Force.
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone / Cyborg: A former college athlete who, after being cybernetically reconstructed with a Mother Box after a nearly fatal accident, has powers that allow him to manipulate technology and to turn his arms to cannons. Fisher portrays the character through the assistance of motion capture performance, for the cybernetic portion of his body.
- Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf: A general of the alien race, the New Gods, from the planet Apokolips who is charged with hunting down the three Mother Boxes on Earth for his nephew and commanding officer Darkseid. The character had previously appeared in the extended Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in which he communicates with Lex Luthor through Kryptonian hologram technology. In March 2017, Ciarán stated that Steppenwolf is old, tired and trying to get out of his enslaved position under Darkseid. Hinds will portray the villain through use of motion capture performance and received help in that process from his friend Liam Neeson, who had recently done similar work in A Monster Calls.
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane: An undaunted and compassionate award-winning journalist for the Daily Planet and the primary love interest for Clark/Superman.
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko: An Atlantean advisor to Aquaman.
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor: The hereditary CEO of LexCorp who is incarcerated following the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth: Bruce Wayne's butler, chief of security, and trusted confidant.
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent: Clark Kent's adoptive mother.
- Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta: Diana Prince's mother and the Amazonian queen.
- J. K. Simmons as James Gordon: The Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department and close ally of Batman.
Joe Morton and Robin Wright reprises their roles as Dr. Silas Stone, a scientist at S.T.A.R. Labs and Victor Stone's father, and as General Antiope, Hippolyta's sister and Diana's aunt/mentor, from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Wonder Woman, respectively. Amber Heard, Billy Crudup, and Kiersey Clemons will portray Mera, Dr. Henry Allen, and Iris West, respectively. Julian Lewis Jones and Michael McElhatton have been cast in undisclosed roles.
|Belgium||15 November 2017|
|Brazil||15 November 2017|
|Colombia||15 November 2017|
|Finland||15 November 2017|
|France||15 November 2017|
|Indonesia||15 November 2017|
|South Korea||15 November 2017|
|Norway||15 November 2017|
|Sweden||15 November 2017|
|Tunisia||15 November 2017|
|United Arab Emirates||16 November 2017|
|Armenia||16 November 2017|
|Argentina||16 November 2017|
|Australia||16 November 2017|
|Bolivia||16 November 2017|
|Belarus||16 November 2017|
|Chile||16 November 2017|
|Cyprus||16 November 2017|
|Czech Republic||16 November 2017|
|Germany||16 November 2017|
|Denmark||16 November 2017|
|Dominican Republic||16 November 2017|
|Egypt||16 November 2017|
|Georgia||16 November 2017|
|Greece||16 November 2017|
|Hong Kong||16 November 2017|
|Hungary||16 November 2017|
|Israel||16 November 2017|
|Italy||16 November 2017|
|Kuwait||16 November 2017|
|Kazakhstan||16 November 2017|
|Malaysia||16 November 2017|
|Netherlands||16 November 2017|
|New Zealand||16 November 2017|
|Panama||16 November 2017|
|Peru||16 November 2017|
|Philippines||16 November 2017|
|Puerto Rico||16 November 2017|
|Portugal||16 November 2017|
|Serbia||16 November 2017|
|Russia||16 November 2017|
|Singapore||16 November 2017|
|Slovenia||16 November 2017|
|Slovakia||16 November 2017|
|Thailand||16 November 2017|
|Taiwan||16 November 2017|
|Ukraine||16 November 2017|
|Uruguay||16 November 2017|
|Austria||17 November 2017|
|Bangladesh||17 November 2017|
|Bulgaria||17 November 2017|
|Canada||17 November 2017|
|China||17 November 2017|
|Estonia||17 November 2017|
|Spain||17 November 2017|
|United Kingdom||17 November 2017|
|Croatia||17 November 2017|
|Ireland||17 November 2017|
|India||17 November 2017|
|Iceland||17 November 2017|
|Cambodia||17 November 2017|
|Lithuania||17 November 2017|
|Latvia||17 November 2017|
|Mexico||17 November 2017|
|Nepal||17 November 2017|
|Poland||17 November 2017|
|Romania||17 November 2017|
|Turkey||17 November 2017|
|United States||17 November 2017|
|Venezuela||17 November 2017|
|Vietnam||17 November 2017|
|South Africa||17 November 2017|
|Japan||23 November 2017|
|Pakistan||24 November 2017|
|Lebanon||30 November 2017|
Main filming for Justice League began on April 11, 2016 in London. Filming ended on October 14, 2016.
In March 2016, Hans Zimmer, who composed the score for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, stated that he is officially retired from the "superhero business". By June 2016 he was replaced by Junkie XL, who wrote and composed the soundtrack of Dawn of Justice alongside Zimmer himself. In 2017, it was announced that Danny Elfman would also compose the movie.
Immediately after the theatrical release of Justice League, fans created an online petition to release the "Snyder Cut" that gained more than 180,000 signatures. The movement, which used the hashtag #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on social media. This was due to fans not liking the released version as Zack Snyder left production after his daughter committed suicide. After Joss Whedon took over, only 25% of the movie was from Snyder. Members of the Justice League cast and crew showing support for the Snyder Cut's release.
- Trumbore, Dave (March 20, 2016). "Zack Snyder Teases 'Justice League's Official Title and Production Schedule". Collider.com. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
Right now the working title is Justice League.
- Cavill, Henry (February 5, 2016). "Superman training started today". Facebook. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Davis, Brandon (June 21, 2016). "Justice League's Cyborg Will Be Mostly CGI". comicbook.com. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- "'Justice League' Villains and Mother Boxes Teased by Zack Snyder". Collider.com. June 21, 2016. Archived from the original on October 8, 2016. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "'Game of Thrones' Star Ciaran Hinds Cast in 'Justice League' as Steppenwolf (Exclusive)".
- Holmes, Adam (April 5, 2017). "What Steppenwolf Will Be Like In Justice League, According To The Actor". Cinemablend. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- Mottram, James (March 29, 2017). "Ciaran Hinds on Bleed for This, playing a supervillain in Justice League and asking old friend Liam Neeson for motion-capture performance tips". The Independent. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- "Justice League Movie Cast Revealed by Warner Bros". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- O'Connell, Sean (June 21, 2016). "Who Willem Dafoe Is Playing In Justice League". Cinemablend. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition Differences | Collider
- "Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor will be in Justice League". Digital Spy. May 29, 2016. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Friedman, Roger (May 1, 2016). "Exclusive: Jeremy Irons Will Bring Batman's Alfred to "Justice League of America"". Showbiz 411. Retrieved May 1, 2016.
- Patel, Rohan. "JUSTICE LEAGUE: The Age Of Heroes Has Arrived In The First Epic Teaser Trailer". ComicBookMovie.com. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- Stefanksy, Emma (June 7, 2017). "Robin Wright's Antiope 'Wonder Woman' character will be in 'Justice League'". Screen Crush. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- Williams, Kathryn (July 4, 2016). "Stella star Julian Lewis Jones lands a role in DC Comics blockbuster Justice League". Wales Online.
- D'ottavi, Roby. "'Game of Thrones' Star Michael McElhatton Has A Role In 'Justice League'". Heroic Hollywood.
- "Composer Hans Zimmer retires from 'superhero business'". BBC. March 30, 2016. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Justice League: Junkie XL Will Score Zack Snyder's Epic". Collider. June 28, 2016. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "IMAX and Warner Bros. Extend Deal to Include 12 More Films". ComingSoon.net. October 19, 2016. Retrieved October 22, 2016.
- "HBO Max to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut". WarnerMedia Group. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justice League (2017 film).|
- Official website
- Justice League on IMDb
- Justice League at Box Office Mojo
- Justice League at Rotten Tomatoes
- Justice League at Metacritic