letter of the Latin alphabet
|The Latin alphabet|
Some people say that the letter Q is not needed, because the sound it makes can be made with K and W instead. The same thing is said about the letter X.
Below are some ancient ways of writing "Q":
|Egyptian hieroglyph Q||Phoenician Q||Etruscan Q||Greek Qoppa|
Meanings for QEdit
- In chess, Q is used to mean the queen piece.
- In English, Q can be a short letter for 'question'.
- In a deck of playing cards, Q is used to mark each of the queens.
- In science fiction, Q is a character in several Star Trek television shows.
- Q is also the name of a character in the James Bond film series, who was played by Desmond Llewelyn (and John Cleese after Desmond Llewelyn died).
- In Internet slang, "q" is used for the Spanish word "que", which means "that", "which", or "what".
- In physics, q is used to mean charge
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: q.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Q.|
- "Electric Charge (Q or q)" (PDF). www.physics.sfsu.edu. San Francisco State University. Retrieved 5 April 2016.