|The Latin alphabet|
X is the twenty-fourth (number 24) letter in the English alphabet. It sometimes makes a sound like ks (for example: exit, next, fox), or if it is at the beginning of a word, it makes a sound like zzz (for example: xylophone). The language of origin is from the Greek and Latin language
Meanings for XEdit
- In a general sense, X means something is unknown or secret, as in project X.
- X is also used often to show kisses, usually at the end of a letter or text message.
- In clothing, X is used as a short letter for extra, such as XXL for extra-extra-large.
- In Roman numerals, X means ten.
- In internet terms, XXX indicates adult material, as in an XXX site.
- In x-ray, X stands for xero, which is short for xerograph.[source?]
- ”X” is a common variable used in algebra
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: x.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to X.|