(Redirected from AD 1057)
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1054 1055 1056 – 1057 – 1058 1059 1060|
By place change
- King Anawrahta of Burma takes over Thanton in northern Thailand, strengthening Theravada Buddhism in the country.
- King Macbeth of Scotland is killed in battle against Malcolm III of Scotland. He is replaced as King of Scotland by his stepson Lulach.
- William the Conqueror defeats a Franco-Angevin army at the mouth of the Dives River, Normandy in the Battle of Varaville.
- Ferdinand I of Castile takes Lamego and Viseu from Christian lords allied to the Muslim taifas.
By topic change
- August 2 – Pope Stephen IX (sometimes referred to as Stephen X) replaces Pope Victor II as the 154th pope.