Kimberly Noel Kardashian (born October 21, 1980) is an American socialite, reality television star and actress. She is known for her reality television series named Keeping up with the Kardashians. She started her career as a model and is one of three daughters of Robert Kardashian.
Kimberly Noel Kardashian
October 21, 1980
|Years active||2007 - present|
|Net worth||$350 million (July 2018)|
|Height||157 cm (5 ft 2 in)|
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
Early life Edit
Kimberly Noel Kardashian was born on October 21, 1980, in Los Angeles, to Robert and Kris Kardashian. She has an older sister, Kourtney, a younger sister, Khloé, and a younger brother, Rob. Their mother is of Scottish and Dutch ancestry, while their father was a third-generation Armenian-American.
Kim Kardashian first got media attention because of her close friendship with Paris Hilton and for being the daughter of Robert Kardashian. She became better known after appearing in a sex tape with her then-boyfriend Ray J.
Following a lot of fame from the sex tape, a reality TV show about her family was made called Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The show ran from 2007 to 2021 and has had multiple spin-off shows including Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami and also The Kardashians.
Kardashian has created many businesses including Skims and KKW Beauty. She also has a video game named Kim Kardashian Hollywood. Kim Kardashian has also made several appearances on talk shows and also made cameo appearances as herself in movies and television series.
Personal life Edit
In 1991, her parents divorced and their mother married Bruce Jenner. As a result of her mother's remarriage, Kim Kardashian acquired step-brothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; a step-sister, Casey; and later two half-sisters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
Kardashian has four children.
Kim married Damon Thomas in 2000, They divorced in 2004. She then married Kris Humphries in August 2011. Humphries is an NBA player on the New Jersey Nets. After 72 days of marriage, she filed for a divorce on October 31, 2011, because of differences.
She became engaged to Kanye West in 2013. The couple lived in Calabasas, California. They have four children: daughter North West (b. 2013), son Saint West (b. 2015), daughter Chicago West (b. 2018), and son Psalm West (b. 2019).
Political views Edit
Kardashian is a Democrat. She attended the 2012 Democratic National Convention in support of President Obama's re-election. She also supports Armenian political issues such as the recognition of the Armenian Genocide of 1914.
In 2018, Kardashian met with President Donald Trump and helped bring forth the release from prison of Alice Marie Johnson, who was given a life prison sentence for nonviolent drug charges. She is studying to become a lawyer and hopes to sit for the bar exam in the year 2022.
Paris robbery Edit
On October 2, 2016, while attending Paris Fashion Week, Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in the apartment where she was staying. Five individuals, dressed as police officers, bound and gagged her, then stole $10 million worth of jewelry. Kardashian was physically unharmed and reportedly begged for her life. The thieves escaped.
- "Kim Kardashian West | Forbes Profile". Forbes. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Melas, Chloe. "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West discussing divorce". CNN. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- Dasarth, Diana (February 19, 2021). "Kim Kardashian files for divorce from Kanye West". NBC News. Retrieved February 19, 2021.
- "'Bound 2': Kanye, Kim, and the apocalypse of love". EW.com.
- "Kim Kardashian bares all in yet another nude selfie". www.news.com.au.
- Tran, Vivyan (September 7, 2012). "Celebrities spotted at the Democratic National Convention". Politico.
- Baker, Peter (2018-06-06). "Alice Marie Johnson Is Granted Clemency by Trump After Push by Kim Kardashian West". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-11-10.
- Zaretsky, Staci (3 September 2019). "Kim Kardashian Spends Labor Day Studying For Law School". Above the Law. Retrieved 2019-11-10.