Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex KCVO ADC(P) (Henry Charles Albert David; born 15 September 1984)[fn 1] is a member of the British royal family. He is the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales and is the younger brother of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and is sixth in the line of succession to the British throne. Harry was a pupil at Eton College.
|Duke of Sussex (more)|
|Born||Prince Henry of Wales|
15 September 1984
St Mary's Hospital, London, UK
Meghan Markle (m. 2018)
|Father||Charles, Prince of Wales|
|Mother||Lady Diana Spencer|
|Years of service||2005–2015 (active service)|
|Awards||Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan|
Harry launched the Invictus Games in 2014, and remains patron of its Foundation. He also gives patronage to several other organisations, including the HALO Trust, the London Marathon Charitable Trust, and Walking with the Wounded.
Harry was born in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London, on 15 September 1984 at 4:20 pm as the second child of Charles, Prince of Wales, heir apparent to Queen Elizabeth II, and Diana, Princess of Wales.[fn 2]
Prince Harry began dating Meghan Markle in June 2016. They became engaged in November 2017. The couple married at Windsor Castle on 19 May 2018. The couple's first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was born on May 6, 2019. In November 2020, Markle revealed in an opinion piece for The New York Times that she suffered a miscarriage in July of that year. On 4 June 2021, the couple's daughter Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor was born in Santa Barbara, California.
|Prince Harry of Wales||Father:
Charles, Prince of Wales
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark
Princess Alice of Battenberg
Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom
George VI of the United Kingdom
Diana, Princess of Wales
John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer
Albert Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer,
Frances Burke Roche
Maurice Burke Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy
- Harry is a common nickname for Henry—see also Henry (given name).
- Rumours that Harry is the son of James Hewitt, with whom his mother had an affair, are denied by Hewitt and one of Diana's police bodyguards, Ken Wharfe. Hewitt said, "There really is no possibility whatsoever that I am Harry's father. I can absolutely assure you that I am not. Admittedly the red hair is similar to mine and people say we look alike. I have never encouraged these comparisons and although I was with Diana for a long time I must state once and for all that I'm not Harry's father. When I met Diana, he was already a toddler." Wharfe said, "The malicious rumours that still persist about the paternity of Prince Harry used to anger Diana greatly. The nonsense should be scotched here and now. Harry was born on 15 September 1984. Diana did not meet James until the summer of 1986."
- "Prince Harry". The Royal Household. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Anh Ton Nu, Tram (18 January 2021). "Prince Harry Has the Least Formal Education Out of Queen Elizabeth's 6 Adult Grandchildren". Retrieved 27 July 2021.
- "Prince Harry's Invictus Games open". 10 September 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2021.
- "Patronages". Prince Harry. British Royal Family. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Princess Di gives birth to boy". The Evening News. London. Associated Press. 16 September 1984. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Prince Harry – Biography". Office of the Prince of Wales. Archived from the original on 3 November 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "Hewitt denies Prince Harry link". BBC News. 21 September 2002. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "New controversial Princess Diana play asks 'Is James Hewitt Prince Harry's real father?'". Mirror Group. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Prince William in pictures". The Telegraph. London. 18 March 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Prince Harry and US actress Meghan Markle engaged, Prince Charles says". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Booth, Robert (28 November 2017). "Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in May". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Duchess of Sussex gives birth to boy". 6 May 2019. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "Meghan: Duchess of Sussex tells of miscarriage 'pain and grief'". BBC News. 25 November 2020.
- "Harry and Meghan announce birth of baby daughter - with name to honour Queen and Diana". Sky News. 6 June 2021. Retrieved 6 June 2021.
Find more about
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Data from Wikidata|
- The Duke of Sussex profile at the official website of the British Monarchy
- The Duke of Sussex profile at the official website of the Prince of Wales
- Prince Harry of Wales at Encyclopædia Britannica
- Prince Harry on IMDb
Prince Harry, Duke of SussexBorn: 15 September 1984
|Lines of succession|
Prince Louis of Cambridge
| Succession to the British throne
6th in line
The Duke of York
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
1st creation extinct in 1843
Title last held byPrince Augustus Frederick
| Duke of Sussex
|Order of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Duke of Cambridge
James, Viscount Severn