(Redirected from AD 1444)
Year 1444 was a leap year. It started on a Wednesday.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1410s 1420s 1430s – 1440s – 1450s 1460s 1470s|
|Years:||1441 1442 1443 – 1444 – 1445 1446 1447|
|Ab urbe condita||2197|
|Balinese saka calendar||1365–1366|
|English Regnal year||22 Hen. 6 – 23 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||癸亥年 (Water Pig)|
4140 or 4080
— to —
甲子年 (Wood Rat)
4141 or 4081
|- Vikram Samvat||1500–1501|
|- Shaka Samvat||1365–1366|
|- Kali Yuga||4544–4545|
|Japanese calendar||Kakitsu 4 / Bun'an 1|
|Minguo calendar||468 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1986–1987|
1570 or 1189 or 417
— to —
1571 or 1190 or 418
- March 2 – The Albanian League started in Lezha; Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg becomes leader of the Albanian resistance
- April 16 – Truce of Tours begins between England and France
- June 15 – Cosimo de' Medici starts the Laurentian Library.
- August 26 – Battle of St. Jakob an der Birs in the Old Zürich War.
- August – Murad II abdicates because of defeat at the Battle of Jalowaz.
- November 10 – Battle of Varna. King Ladislas of Poland and Hungary is killed.
- The Sultan of Egypt fails to take Rhodes from the Knights of Rhodes
- The Iguvine Tables are discovered at Gubbio, Italy
- Portuguese explorers reach the mouth of the Senegal river and the Gambia river.
- The Mercado de Escravos, the first European slave market for selling African Slaves, opens in Lagos, Portugal.
- A fire occurs at St Paul's Cathedral in London.
- January 24 – Galeazzo Maria Sforza, Italian duke (died 1476)
- March 1 – Sandro Botticelli, Italian artist (died 1510) (born 1444 or 1445)
- March 11 – Donato Bramante, Italian architect (died 1514)
- John de Mowbray, English duke (died 1476)
- Nilakantha Somayaji, Indian mathematician and astronomer (died 1544)
- February 14 – Henriette of Mömpelgard,countess (born 1387)
- March 9 – Leonardo Bruni, Italian humanist (born 1374)
- April 26 – Robert Campin, Flemish artist (born 1378)
- May 20 – Bernardino of Siena, Italian saint and missionary (born 1380)
- May 27 – John Beaufort, English duke and military leader (born 1404)
- October 15 – Niccolò Piccinino, Italian mercenary (born 1386)
- November 10 – King Wladislaus III, king of Poland (born 1424)
- November 25 – Martin Gouge, French chancellor