Location in Vermont
|• Mayor||Miro Weinberger|
|• City||15.5 sq mi (40.1 km2)|
|• Land||10.6 sq mi (27.4 km2)|
|• Water||12.7 sq mi (12.7 km2)|
|Elevation||200 ft (61 m)|
|• Density||3,682.0/sq mi (1,421.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Burlington is Vermont's largest city. It has a population of about 40,000 people. It is the smallest American city that is also the largest in its state. Burlington has a metropolitan population of about 210,000.
- Grace Coolidge, wife of Calvin Coolidge and First Lady of the U.S.
- Howard Dean, Current Chairman of the Democratic Party, former presidential candidate in 2004, and former Governor of Vermont.
- Bernie Sanders, current United States senator of Vermont, former Mayor of Burlington, and 2016 United States presidential election candidate.
- United States Mississippi, Moss Point,
- Nicaragua Puerto Cabezas, 1984
- Russia Yaroslavl, 1988
- Palestine Bethlehem and Israel Arad 1991
- Japan Nishinomiya, Hyōgo, 2008
Although there is no formal twinning agreement, Burlington takes part in the annual Burlington International Games with
- Official website of the City of Burlington Archived 2011-12-01 at the Wayback Machine
- City of Burlington Sister Cities[permanent dead link]
- WikiBurlington Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Elevation data: USGS—City of Burlington, VT
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Burlington, Vermont.|