|Centuries:||19th century – 20th century – 21st century|
|Decades:||1890s 1900s 1910s – 1920s – 1930s 1940s 1950s|
|Years:||1925 1926 1927 – 1928 – 1929 1930 1931|
- January 31 – Leon Trotsky is exiled to Kazakhstan
- February 8 – British inventor John Logie Baird sends the first television signal across the Atlantic Ocean, from London to New York
- May 7 – The United Kingdom gives equal voting rights to women by passing the Representation of the People Act. This law allows women to vote when they are 21 years old, like men. Before this, women could not vote until they were 30.
- June 9 – Australian flyer Charles Kingsford Smith finishes the first airplane flight across the Pacific Ocean.
- September 28 – Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin
- October 2 – Josemaria Escriva starts Opus Dei.
- January 5 – Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, 9th Prime Minister of Pakistan and 4th President of Pakistan (d. 1979)
- March 6 - Glyn Owen, Welsh actor (d. 2004)
- March 20 – Fred Rogers, American television children's program host and writer (d. 2003)
- May 4 – Hosni Mubarak, 4th President of Egypt and Prime Minister of Egypt (d. 2020)
- May 23 - Nigel Davenport, British actor (d. 2013)