List of mountain peaks by prominence
- see also: List of highest mountains
This is a list of the 125 most prominent mountain peaks. Topographic prominence of a peak is the independence of the summit from whatever is around it. It is "the elevation difference between the summit and the lowest contour line encircling it and no higher summit".
- Maizlish, Aaron (10 October 2003). "Orometry: Introduction to Prominence". Peaklist. Prominence and Orometrics: A Study of the Measurement of Mountains. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "World Peaks with 4000 meters of Prominence". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Metzler, David; Jurgalski, Eberhard (eds.). "50 Most Prominent Peaks on Earth". Peaklist. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Jurgalski, Eberhard; Metzler, David; Lisiecki, Parys; Maizlish, Aaron; de Ferranti, Jonathan. "The World's Greatest 100 Summits Ranked by Re-Ascent". viewfinderpanoramas.org. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Map of the top 50 by Ken Jones
- Lists and maps for all peaks in the world with 1,500 metres (4,900 ft) or more of prominence. Compiled by Aaron Maizlish.