Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard(Redirected from Wikipedia:ANI)
This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
Britain First/Glasgow City CouncilEdit
The 3-month IP block on their IP addresses expire tomorrow. The range was reblocked on enwiki for 6 months about two weeks ago, so I expect them to resume editing here. IP's are listed here. Thank you, Vermont (talk) 02:17, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
Note that administrators no longer have the ability to unblock themselves if blocked by another admin. This also applies to bureaucrats. Please see this and phab:T150826. Thank you, Vermont (talk) 02:45, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks, Vermont. Sounds like a good idea. --Auntof6 (talk) 05:21, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Ugh this is dangerous on a small wiki like ours where if an admin account is compromised they could block all admins quickly. -DJSasso (talk) 13:57, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- There's talk of being able to block only the admin that blocked you. I'm not sure if it's in effect. It would alleviate the issue you mentioned, although I'm still not very happy they made these changes globally without local consensus. Vermont (talk) 14:53, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
Stop Wikipedia asking for more money!Edit
I’ve already donated just a short while ago (months) it was a fair amount now I am being bombardrd with requests for more! If this goes on I’ll never donate again!
Please refer to details at Wikipedia:Simple talk#How to merge and maintain both page histories? -- Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 16:53, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
New Wikimedia password policy and requirementsEdit
Username against policy and vandalismEdit
User:Boobzzzz's username is against the username policy as I understand it, and their only edit (https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cell_differentiation&curid=214739&diff=6336762&oldid=6310855) was vandalism to Cell differentiation. Diadophis (talk) 01:51, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Diadophis: I noticed the account before... but for now I'm watching it closely for further activity. The username itself is barely acceptable, so we'll wait for additional behavior. Please feel free to ping me if there is any additional questionable conduct. Operator873talkconnect 02:07, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Diadophis: It would help if you leave that user a warning for the edit you reverted. If they vandalize enough, or exclusively, they might get indeffed for that even if we can't block them for a bad user name. --Auntof6 (talk) 02:14, 7 December 2018 (UTC)